2007-07-28

i still agree; danah boyd's completed essay.

danah boyd has finally responded to her original post that caused such a ripple in the internet culture.

i felt from the beginning that those negative responses were based on her posting's title, more than its contents. the most disgusting part of this entire thing is that its been used, its seems, by facebook members for pseudo-self-righteous indignation. its been as if those who where most up in arms over your original posting where doing so as a way of saying: "see we are better than you. but we aren't happy about."

its been truly laughable. and despite my fitting into both 'classes', my life experiences def leave me feeling more comfortable with those that hang out on facebook. so anyone who's interested my new myspace profile, for my blog and up-coming podcast, is http://www.myspace.com/uberchicgeekchick
*hugs* now go read her paper(&agree with me). lol *wink*
clipped from www.danah.org

Responding to Responses to: "Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace"

(If you have comments, please add them to the related entry on my blog. Thank you.)

One month ago, I put out a blog essay that took on a life of its own. This essay addressed one of America's most taboo topics: class. Due to personal circumstances, I wasn't online as things spun further and further out of control and I had neither the time nor the emotional energy to address all of the astounding misinterpretations that I saw as a digital game of telephone took hold. I've browsed the hundreds of emails, thousands of blog posts, and thousands of comments across the web. I'm in awe of the amount of time and energy people put into thinking through and critiquing my essay. In the process, I've also realized that I was not always so effective at communicating what I wanted to communicate. To clarify some issues, I decided to put together a long response that addresses a variety of different issues.

 blog it

No comments: